Register To Comment
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Signing Up to Gadget Show Live

http://www.castlebromwich-inn.co.uk
    Castle Bromwich Inn, about 10 minutes away from the venue, good price, place to eat next door

I've booked into the Birmingham Airport Budget Ibis/Etap or whatever it's called. Booked from Wednesday to Sunday, only £187 which isn't that bad at all, really. They've said it's only a short walk to the NEC and that looks about right from the maps, but I'm sure there'll be a bus route around there too...

It's the cost of accommodation that makes me very glad i live in Birmingham, the champs just wouldn't be an option for me otherwise

Roboteer

Any news yet? It's now looking very unlikely that I can get time off work, due to short notice and being the new boy, and the hotel prices are getting ridiculously high.
    Team Toon:
    Heavyweight UK Champion 2015
    Robot Wars World Annihilator Champion 2015
    Heavyweight Tag Team Champion 2012
    Featherweight UK Champion 2010
    Featherweight Annihilator Champion 2009,2011 & 2014
    Rebel Robots Champion 2009
    Pika Annihilator Champion (Belgium) 2012
    Tanja Trophy Winner 2010
    Team Champions ( Team Barbie) 2011

Team Saint won't make this year either Clive.
    I'm sure as soon as the Robochallange team have the information they will pass it on.
    I can't make this weekends fun with Robots Live as Becky is going on an outward bound weekend!
    Still more time in the garage making bits for the next one.

Why not just book the GSL weekend off? Then when we get the confirm you're good to go, if not then hopefully we'll find out enough time to cancel the holiday.

I appreciate though that accommodation can be a different matter, but some places have pretty open cancellation policies.

Yeh I think I have voiced my opinion on this matter... I was thinking at the very least, if they could just confirm that if we do book hotels and trains etc, but don't get a place in the event, we will at least still get a gadget show pass, so that we don't end up with even more fees to pay ontop =S

If we are going and don't have a place in the event, we'll most likley be using a different hotel all together

With my finances the way they are, I may be sleeping in the car park in the back of my motor :P.

We just need confirmation if it's 3 or 4 days (cheapest I have found for 3 nights is £135, £45 save if it's only 2 nights).

Wait, it's only 3 or 4 days? Whoops, I might have booked 5, starting on the Wednesday... Oh well, gives me time to recoup from the inevitable travel sickness on the first day!

Also, for the record, those 5 nights were for a triple room at the Birmingham Airport Etap, only cost £187 in all which wasn't so bad I don't think!

Unfortunately I wont be able to make it, extremely busy at work and got no time to finish off the build, apart from that flights and hotels are now too expensive to book...will save the money for next year's show

Register To Comment