Register To Comment
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Signing Up to Gadget Show Live

If you have a qualifying robot, you don't need tickets for that weekend as your security pass gets you in but only those 3 people with passes.

Sign-ups WILL appear in the UK championships thread in the events subforum.

One point worth mentioning is that Robochallenge once did the sign ups about 3 weeks before the event, so it's not really worth looking for sign-ups in October.

I think so but worth double checking.

Do you have to fight and qualify in prior events to be allowed to enter this, or is it just a matter of signing up when signup is live?

Last year was just a case of signing up when it was live! The champs are always very popular though and there's usually only 45(ish) spaces available so if you want to do it... sighn up quick!

I'm not event organizer though so its best to check with them (Robochallenge)

Is there prior warning for when the signups will go live, or is it just that they go up one day and it's first come first served? Trying to get in on it this year myself, finally get to go to an event and whatnot!

The date for GSL 2014 is set already. A forum post will go up with a link to a signing up sheet. Maximum of 4 people per team and maximum of 4 robots. There is a sign up fee, I think it was £25 per person last year. When I have signed up it has been either 4 weeks or 3 weeks before the event. My advice is build the machine and have it tested properly with 6 weeks to go before the event, that way you have plenty of time if something goes wrong.

I see... I'm going to have the machine built way in advice to avoid rushing! It's just with regards booking hotel rooms and travel and all that, I'd hate to book it all then not get a place in the show itself since it's all a bit expensive, or leave it too late and not be able to book anywhere! Hopefully it all goes to plan though, looking forward to finally having a go at it all myself

Cheers SamO

Yeh, I'm in the same boat as Matt... usually only attend the gadget show for 2-3 days, but if I'm entering this year, it's going to change where I'm staying and will need to do a load of booking in advance

If we did book our rooms and trains etc, and worse came to worse, would we still be eligible for an event pass?

Otherwise there is gadget show tickets that need buying and possible cancellations of bookings etc that will all need to be jimmied about... which I don't much fancy haha
    Rather just book everything once and know where I stand for either eventuality

Register To Comment