Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interchangeable panel limit?

Just something I was thinking about as I re-read the build rules - there's no limit on exactly what parts can be 'interchangeable' on a robot, nor how many - would it be possible then to say, swap over electronics into a different chassis or something more extreme like that or is that against the rules?

You can replace as many bits as you like as long as the chassis would stay the same. I queried this with Kane over Beauty 7, because he has basically changed all the robot bar the chassis.

no it was a chassis change with different motors, all ram buffer and flipper parts were the same
    we were asked has this chassis been used in this comp before (which was no)
    of which there was no problem ( as long as all parts used was under weight)

yeah don't do a John

Ah, I see - the reason I was asking was for Tornado-style weaponry swaps, with different chassis being used (same electronics) just to allow for completely different weapons! I suppose there's also the potential of a chassis being written off too by one of the nastier spinners... Obviously, I know it's unsporting to literally change everything in the machine for new parts between matches to save repairs or what have you, but was just curious as to what the interpretation of the rules was
    Thanks for the responses!

John: You changed more than just the motors, I am sure your electronics went up and got replaced as well?

I can imagine changing internal components would be fine, but swapping the whole chassis?

Learo cheated good and proper, he should be ashamed of himself.

I would have just changed the panels but Beutys don't do panels all bots with hardox panels are very boring just boxes just ban them as well ok

we could have a rule NO PARTS TO BE CHANGED WHAT SO EVER FROM TECH CHEQ but we would not have many bots running after 1st fight im sure

No need to get shirty John, I raised a point at the FW champs because it seemed you had replaced practically everything except the ram, which, to me, constitutes a new robot.

I do agree though, where exactly do you draw a line ? I know a lot of robots that have to fix/use spare bits, but the chassis remains, what do we think folks ?

Register To Comment