Register To Comment
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frist timer FW build - unnamed

2.4gig doesn't need crystals

A friend of mine used to be in love with the robot ‘Razer’ from the TV show. Having looked through all the featherweight footage I could find on the web, It seems like nobody has managed to make a machine similar to Razer. I assume this is down to hydraulics being far too heavy for featherweights. Now, I know absolutely nothing about hydraulics and I’m not about to try and innovate or rip someone off with something blindly in the name of looking cool. But it gave me an idea.

In my last batch of designs I had a vertical spinner that wasn’t invert-able, but I thought would be fairly decent. Why not make something with the looks inspired somewhat by Razer, but put in the proven featherweight vertical spinner? (once again, I am absolutely terrible at CAD)

It’s a first draft of an idea, but one that I really like the look of. It seems functional and isn’t just a box with a weapon. I need to change the claw above the spinner so as to not get flying things caught on it, as my mechanical minded friend pointed out how badly that could cause jams. I’ll alter it next time I do a drawing pass. That and the little spikes at the bottom are there for aesthetic value more than anything else since I’m really trying to draw something a little less standard.

However, Now that I have this:

I can start playing with electronic stuff at work and get something of actual physical substance done. I plan to go to the local boot-sale on Sunday and start gathering cordless drills for experimentation. Once I’ve started a few fires in my living room, I’ll report in again.

Register To Comment