Register To Comment
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Broken xBox 360 Controllers

I do have a little experience with hacking apart 360 controllers. Picture related
    IMAG0509.jpgIMAG0512.jpg

Think you already know this but the 360 internals is just a single board and the buttons just make a contact onto the board. So you will need tactile switches replacing the buttons and that can be tricky to make feel right, especially with limited space.

Personally I would have an external box which the 360 controller plugs into and the only thing the controller has is just output wires.

If you are very tech savvy you can could cut apart the spektrum CB so that it could make it more compact or just uses the circuitry that incorporates it into a buddy tx plugged into another tx. The CB of a 360 is dual layered and very tricky to cut apart and salvage the circuitry.

What I would look into is if there is a tx 2.4 ghz output option for a computer usb. So you could have a laptop and a wireless 360 controller paired to it. As long as it tech checks and is safe then I dont see any problems using it.

Personally I think it might be a wasted cause. 360 sticks have half an inch of travel and are quite noisy when you look at the output they give. They work well with software with built in dampening and movement smoothing (aka games) and not great with direct interface devices unless they are slow.

Hope I could help in any way

I hadn't considered the quality of the POTs in the 360 controller, that might kill the idea right there.

It may be easier to go 360 - PC - Transmitter but its now a lot of effort, but the improvement in ergonomics and access to buttons might make it worth while with some machines.

Maybe look into building a new controller all together? That would be interesting to see as I have always felt there isnt really a transmitter designed for robot combat.
    You could get the case 3d printed and take buttons, joysticks and internals from different transmitters and devices?

This is something I have also been considering, might get round to it eventually

Register To Comment