Register To Comment
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Robots & Spares

Looking to streamline Scot-Bots gear and also moving to a new house without as much workshop space so gauging interest in some of the stuff I don't use as much as I should.

HW Robot Eric - Hasn't been looked at since last years RL Edinburgh and now that Scot-Bots is attempting to run van-less its a luxury we no longer use. Comes with everything except speed controller, batteries although I have some batteries that may be of use for it, and hydraulic reservoir/oil. Looking for about £250 or so

HW Robot T-Bone - Comes with scoop and partial weapon assembly. Same reason as above, no real way to transport it and wont have the space at future events. £40

FW FP Flipper System - Complete 60 x 60 FP system from Eric Jr2, built by Mario. Reckon I saw one sell for £275 from Dave + p+p, so will look for the same

FW Chassis - Eric Jr2 - Rolling chassis, Welded Ti and HDPE base, 3 sets of wheels and 18/24v GR02 motors with Gimson attachments. £120 or so posted, less if you want to pick it up

24v NiMH 3700mAh FW batteries - Used in my FWs, used but still work fine. Made up of 2 x 12v packs wired up together. Can be separated if required. Offers

Also interested to see what sort of offers i'd get on my MW:

Formerly Tanto Jr - Bosch 400 drives on kart wheels, full Hardox construction, Roboteq ESC and a set of 12v SLA and 24v NiCad batteries depending on whether you want to go for speed or longevity in its runs. Open to offers, but wouldn't be letting it go cheap. One of the things I do still bring along to events but isn't utilised as much as i'd like it to be.

Thats all for now! Probably more to come, unless anyone is interested in any bits of music equipment, guitars, guitar/bass stacks and drum kit parts i'm getting shot of too but won't waste time listing on here, if you want that kind of thing, PM me.

Love to have a few bits off that list, but can't afford them.

Have you got any pictures?

I'll get some. What are you wanting them of?

Photographs of the general condition of all robots in question would be nice.

Another thing I forgot to add:

I have a pile of bits that are intended to be the claw attachment for the MW. 2 GLA6000 actuators and mounts with 2 ESCs controlling them and CAd designs for the claw. Intended to have it all built but had a bit of a mishap when the claws were made and they didn't fit. CAD can be seen here:

If anyone's seen Carcinus since the last FW Champs they're know that the claws look awesome when they're made. The more I look at it the more I really want to finish it.

Will get on it Leo.

how much would it cost to make claw like that?

The ones that had the 'mishap' were half the size they were meant to be, and are the ones now on Carcinus. They are 5-6mm steel and it was £50 to have them waterjetted. That was for a pair, so no idea if one claw but double the size would also be £50. Something I also didn't consider when designing it was the additional cost of blowing through for a new hole/cut which, considering there are 15 holes per claw, would've added to the price. Best bet would be to contact companies for quotes.

Register To Comment