Register To Comment
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: No Toy Robotics

Hi all finally decided on NO TOY ROBOTICS as my team name, just some quick info on the current builds.
    ceros - all electronics ok waiting on cash for optipower batts and co2 bottle valves, ec5s and all cabling including battery for robotic installed or at least planned

No toy, was a bit more terminal then It looked at gsl , ls4 cracked the chassis. lipo test at 22v been carried out all ok but decided for total rebuild starting in the next week or so, basic chassis already built, chain driven 4wd using 3mm stainless steel bulkheads ,6mm hdpe base and 10 mm nylon side armour , front and back armour currently 16mm hdpe , axe assembly slight redesign too 1 drive motor but its a 320w cim drive motor rated at 21v ,

quick question has the dx6i problem with botbitz tz85 been fixed yet

All sounds good, just might be worth mentioning that as armour, nylon isn't great. It cracks. 10mm HDPE sides would be much more likely to last.
    Last edited by Ellis; 12th August 2013 at 11:23.

I agree with Ellis. Conker 1's base was nylon and it shattered, splitting the robot clean in 2. The HDPE may have looked like butter when it had finished but it was still in one piece!

Sounding good Adam. If that new axe motor is anything like the scooter motor I've got in Onyx, you're gonna have a lot of fun with the new setup

And the Spektrum/TZ85 mixing issue appears to have been solved: http://www.fightingrobots.co.uk/thre...-spektrum-dx6i
    Haven't programmed any myself yet (next couple of days) but those who have done haven't reported any problems with it.

Slight progress chassis ready with 4wd system working well 2 speed 900 copies just ordered for the drive system, just need to look at hacking some tz85 next

speed 900s here and look great, just offering up to the chassis will be very tight on weight again, possible mods already got some nice 3mm aluminium to replace the 6mm hdpe base for extra rigidity and then 10mm nylon braces for the stainless steel inner frame, the nylon on no toy stood up well to ls4 and drumroll so will just add a side protection plate on the nylon sides. weight saving on the axe again like before champs . All parts and basic sub frame already adds up to 12 kg ish,
    wish me luck might need some helium ballons

Wasn't No Toy fat at the last champs?

Where did you find some 900 clones?

Yes we were 350g over, stupid scales will try to be under this time .motors are off eBay made a model tug boat and large bait boats will add a link when I get to my computer

Cheers

Are they called "torpedo 800/850s" by any chance? Those might be our choice for T3's drive.

Register To Comment