Register To Comment
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: No Toy Robotics

It was great to meet another Adam in the sport. Oh and see Ceros in good working order, aside from the twisted chassis and the arse dent it suffered. The new robot sounds very juicy... Particularly the drive.

Here are a few photos of the plywood engineering currently going on in my very dusty garage, I believe this is the shape I have settled upon for my first full heavy weight build.it has taken two weeks and four designs and 2 prototypes to get to this stage. I have done some quick math an I should have around 8kg left for brackets and mounts etc. please feel free to comment both good and bad.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is anyone a 3d cad wizard, I have drawn each panel individually in 2007 AutoCAD. I was wondering if it is possible to then put the drawings together in 3d model space to check all my math before I send it out for water cutting

Some of the latest work on the new robot YOTON
    Attached Images Attached Images

Do any current heavy teams use stub axles and bearings in the wheels looking at these wheels for the new drive setup with 40 tooth 06b1 drive chain

http://www.rosscastors.co.uk/160mm-h...-bearings.html

link to the wheels not sure on cast as it can be brittle but with 800kg load rating they should be fine

On a standard Mario speed 900 feather drive is the best voltage 5s or 6s

It's an Metal Skull Robotics 12 -54 or 12-72 drive. I just made the most of em.

5s should be fine. They're 12v motors so the ~20v of a 5s LiPo is a healthy overvolt already.

Register To Comment