Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kinematic Events / Beetle Weights

Hi there,

Just to let you know, there is an event taking place in the Midlands / Wolverhampton on Saturday 28th February. See www.beetleweights.com for more details. Even if your robot is not built yet or want some advice from roboteers and see some in action, or hold some parts to get ideas/advice, pop along. If you are a Roboteer here on the forum and space in the pits is not tight, you are more than welcome to receive a pit pass and come into the pits and get up close for ideas/suggestions. (again only if pit space is not too tight).

We will also be touring around the UK so may visit your town within the next few months, so keep an eye out on our Facebook page and website to see which places we are visiting where the same invitation will stand. Happy to help the community and get more beetle weight roboteers in the mix

See you there.

Kind Regards,
    Stu
    http://www.KinematicEvents.com
    http://www.BeetleWeights.com

Hopefully 1.5kg, no way I'd get Lynx down to 1.36. I would imagine that seeing as builders over here have been building to 1.5 then that would be the limit for these events.

Quote Originally Posted by john_frizell View Post
    The FRA build rules say the maximum weight for a beetle is 1.362 kg. Elsewhere I've heard that the UK community has adopted a 1.5 kg standard. What maximum weight will be allowed at this event?
    The rules need to be updated. It was voted on to be moved up to 1.5kg ages ago.

Even though the FRA rules have yet to be updated, I belive the latest FRA decision is 1.5kg. Since this is also the first real full on Beetle Weight comp, there is a 100g scales tolerance, but not 1g more. Hope that pleases everyone. That is the aim.

100g? Works for me! , This version of Lynx is a fatty.

Agreed, 100g is ridiculous.

Obviously i dont do beetles, but any weight allowance realistically shouldnt be more than 1-2% error.

Really i think we should have a standard tolerance across all weight divisions - again either 0, 1 or 2%.

Because its new - For now, id suggest to stick to 2% like heavies. Meaning Beetles would be allowed up to 1.53 kg on the scales, unless you get good quality scales in which case a 0% tolerance is reasonable though occasionally annoying. The best really would be 1%, but it may be best to do a few events first before moving down.
    Last edited by Garfie489; 19th February 2015 at 23:25.

Ok no problem, will gather other peoples views and we'll reduce it to a more sensible amount.. Whichever the roboteers feel is fair.

Register To Comment