Register To Comment
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Team Shock's new Beetleweight

Spinners in this class are really quite easy to make so expect a lot of them. But you saw how well even 5mm was able to take the hits as the robots didn't weigh enough to let the weapons dig in. Even aluminium might work if it is designed correctly.

Looking good though Will. That vertical looks potent!

I know, after a pushbot the spinner is one of the easier designs alongside the axe or even the servo operated lifter.
    I do not dislike spinners in general but I do like to see different types of weaponry (in one team), just my 2 coppers.

Those new designs look great will, should be good

The chassis pieces for Soundwave 2 and Inertia-B are being laser cut at the moment. So hopefully they'll be back pretty soon so I can get them going for Stevenage. I've opted for a slightly larger brushless for Inertia this time to make sure it has no trouble spinning up the bigger disc.

Some beetle progress.

The chassis pieces for Inertia and Soundwave have arrived. I now need to cut the armour panels and start welding them together. I'm also trying some new printed wheels in these to see how they perform.

Looks great Will
    Who does your cutting BTW?

Thanks Jarvis, I use Emsea for all my cutting now and they've done a great job

Cheers

Some more progress

Everything is now here for both machines so the build will start tomorrow

Register To Comment