Register To Comment

Thread: Combat Robot Hall of Fame -- open voting 2013

It's August and it's an odd-numbered year. When that combination rolls around it's time to open the Combat Robot Hall of Fame voting for new members.

Rules are simple:

• Voting is open to all robot builders and fans.
    • One person, one ballot
    • Your ballot may list as many individual robots as you like -- each 'bot on your ballot gets a vote.

You may wish to review the current members, and the list of 'Honorable Mention' robots. Robots on the honorable mention list are eligible for promotion to full membership if they receive the required number of votes.

Any robot who has ever entered and fought in a combat event is eligible, but the official criteria for membership are:

• Dominating success in combat
    • Pioneering or perfecting influential designs
    • Having great fan or entertainment appeal, or
    • Otherwise making a lasting impact on the sport.

Send your ballot by clicking on my user name at left and sending me a private message with the subject 'Hall of Fame'. Deadline for this year's ballots is 11:59 pm Pacific Standard Time on August 20th, 2013.

- Mark Joerger, Team Run Amok
    Last edited by runamok; 7th August 2013 at 03:34. Reason: Oops! Forgot to link to the Combat Robot Hall of Fame!

Last call! Voting ends 08:00 GMT Wednesday.

The 2013 voting for the Combat Robot Hall of Fame has closed. An astounding 62 different robots appeared on ballots submitted this year, and I want to thank the robot builders and fans who took time to send in their ballots.

The large number of different robots diluted the concentration of votes a bit, but we still managed to gain a few new members.

It will take me a couple days to prepare the photo/text entries for the new robots -- check in Friday at the Combat Robot Hall of Fame to see the new members.

- Mark Joerger, Team Run Amok
    Last edited by runamok; 21st August 2013 at 20:31. Reason: typo...

Register To Comment