Register To Comment

Thread: Hazard 3 (AW) build

Hello everyone,

I haven't been on the forums lately but have decided to fix and improve my first robot Hazard 2.
    The issues with it were:
    There was no tyre on one of the wheels,
    Due to the fact the armour was bent titanium the front wasn't sharp enough to get underneath other robots,
    There was no side armour so it would be incredibly vulnerable to horizontal spinners.
    The list could go on and on but since this is a build diary I should post an update on what I've done/doing.

I spent a few hours in the cellar this morning cutting out some polycarbonate armour, so far I have only made 1 side and the chassis/base. I salvaged the polycarb from a numberplate and scraped the numbers off, its 4mm thick so it should be plenty of protection against spinners, the base is only 1mm thick and I seriously hope I don't get a direct hit on that otherwise the spinner would be straight into the electronics.

I also filed down the lego motor mounts and lost almost 0.5 grams on each, dosn't seem like a lot but 2 grams here and there could add up to something.

The first issue I have hit is weight, the sides weigh 10 grams each and so does the base. If I carry on going like this its gonna be a heavy weight tomorrow!

Other than that I am pleased with how its going and hope to continue progress tomorrow, I have attached a pic, sorry its only a thumbnail.

Thanks for reading
    Archie
    Attached Images Attached Images

Register To Comment