Register To Comment
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "scratching the surface"

For this idea I would go for the fastest drive possible. The msr 12-54 or even the 16-50(this one is insane).100mm wheels and 2 Botbitz Tz85's.
    6s lipo pack and 4 even 5 mm hardox in a monocoque configuration makes it complete.
    Last edited by maddox10; 2nd August 2013 at 07:59.

You could make 2 sets of blades/scoops. This could mean you use it as a standard push but with two blades on one side or select your direction of spin. This may be useful if people expect you fight a certain way they will develop a strategy to beat you based on that rotation. If you are suddenly spinning the other way it can make all of their plans go out the window and they have to try reversing their own driving strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by maddox10 View Post
    For this idea I would go for the fastest drive possible. The msr 12-54 or even the 16-50(this one is insane).
    Do you have a link? I can't find them.

There isn't a link. MSR stands for Metal Skull Robotics (Inventor, Dutch roboteer). those drives are in Satanix and one of the Beauties, as well in several other machines. The 12-54 is the fastest in use to date, the 16-50 will be insane.

And the source of them , currently, is me. 1 problem, I don't have any speed 900's to spare.

Speed 900's are to rare to be used in a new machine now they have stopped production.

You would be better off spending the money on some 16:1 banebots with 550 motors, then putting 124mm wheels on them. That will do a theoretical top speed of around 18MpH on a 5S lipo. That would equate to some serious spin speeds.

Otherwise, brushless setups are popping up here and there.
    The motors ain't the issue anymore , it's the speedo's.

Would the speedo issue actually be simplified by the complicated nature of a melty brain? No reversing delay issues and such. Could be worth looking into.

2 of these speedo's and for motors, these ones

Don't blame me if it doesn't work, but it's inside your set budget, and has , on paper, the oomph to do the task.

Register To Comment