Register To Comment
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Armour ideas / materials

There is no size restrictions, it just has to it through the door! Speaking as a 16 year old design technology enthusiast I imagine you could build a heavyweight with a lot of planning and reading through all the information on this forum, it's the best place for research. I would build something cheap and easy to begin with to save expensive mistakes, something wheelchair powered and sla batteries. Something without an active weapon.
    Your probably best to start off with a feather weight though, it's cheaper and easier but you will learn a lot.
    Just my thoughts.

the smaller you can make it the more weight you can put into armour and weapons

if you have a rough idea of the shape you want, then when you get the main components you can do a basic layout to see how compact you can make it

Just my opinion- I don't think this hobby is the kind that you can simply build one super robot then be done with it, it takes time to build robots and work on from those mistakes and slowly build up to a really good robot.
    If you want to, I urge you to try to build a heavyweight. I have found a lot of people on this forum and some teachers etc. that can suggest things are too hard to do, and I am greatful for their help but I have succeeded in doing them. So don't let them put you off, but be aware it will be tough and like I said you probably will need trial and improvement to make a good robot that doesn't get broken.

Good armor shape, shallow angle glacis all around, but good luck fitting everything in there. A pyramid is a bad shape concerning volume.

Also, in an arena dominated by flippers (sorry for that) that get under anything, the machine you show doesn't have any upside down driving capacity, nor a selfrighter. Thats rather a pity.

Register To Comment