Register To Comment
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Team Expat - Beetleweight Adventures

That is well built. No real catch-points besides the bolts. Should be enough weight over the rear to make it drive properly. And if that motor does what its supposed to do it will be a dangerous little machine... makes me feel like I am once again overkilling the weapon on my new beetle but what they heck, it will be fun.

Spent the past few days poking Rango so progress on this has a slowed a little. Some new bits though:

Other-end-shaft-support for the brushless. Little bronze bushing (flange is .8mm thick...) and an equally fiddly ti plate.

Made the pulley that goes around the motor this afternoon and took delivery of the belting.

Disc pulley/bearing supports next, then I'm not far from a weapon test.

Looking extremely awesome - very well made!

It dun gon and spind up!

How long before we get to see a smashy smashy test?

I'm not sure if I'll have time to do one. Also, the old problem of if I break it in testing I've broken it, so if I don't test it it might do one more fight before breaking at the event, which is better. :P

True true... what event is it going to be at so i can avoid it completely?...

Hah, Stevenage.

Damn... I think Anvil is in trouble. I wish I could get my Spinner done in time, and that Susan was going to be finished some time soon.

Register To Comment