Register To Comment
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Active Weapon Rule?

Just heard about this being introduced for FWs for the UK Champs, is it true?

I really hope it isn't!!!!
    If it is I think I might cry

Same here, the amount I've invested in making Ricochet spinner proof

To be honest, I can't see the need for a change.
    There have been numerous robots like Tiny Toon that have been very successful.
    And if their changing it because they say ram bots are boring, there not. Flippers can be just as boring, if not more so (fights only lasting a few seconds!)

Roboteer

There is NOTHING in the build rules or comp guids that suggests this ......
    So I would say not true .....
    Also as part of the FRA committee not heard anything about it ....

Pete...
    ALL THE BEST TEAM TILLY

It's something that came up in the past, and was a thing Mentorn introduced in the last series.

It's not in the rules, and even if it would appear now, it won't be in effect for a while.

I'm in favor. Nothing worse than spending thousands building an impressive spinner to be knocked out the arena by a hardox box that i could knock together in an afternoon. Box on box matches are dull, end of.

@Pete - Thats relieving, I agree with Sam, rammers can be entertaining!
    @Haz - Heard it from Craig Danby at Newport, he said he was building a FW Tanto but didn't because of something about an active weapon rule.

If I remember correctly, Will Thomas said something about the Robo Challenge guys wanting to introduce the active weapon rule. He went onto say that if they did choose to do this, the FRA would not allow them to host the official championships, it would have to be their own tournament.

I'm not sure if that's right though, I was quite early in the morning when he said it and wasn't really awake

Register To Comment