Register To Comment

Thread: Skyfall

It's been a long time since I updated my last thread, and since the team name has changed since, I thought I'd start a new one.
    I've finally done a drive test, took a while because I needed something big to test it in, finally settling on the RW arena

So far it's been very problematic, the first gearbox broke at Widnes, and the second at Guildford. The weld on the pinion gear snapped both times, so the motor shaft was just spinning around in the gearbox. The first was solved by grinding to top off and welding it back on, and the second with the application of Loctite. Since then, the drive has performed flawlessly.
    The gyro has been set up, just need to adjust the strength of the effect to make steering WITH the gyro a little faster. Unfortunately, thinking everything was fixed, I switched the gas on at Newport and blew a plugged leak wide open. We'll get the system taken apart and the leak sealed properly this time, and hopefully it'll run at Newcastle.

Drives very nicley. Love the power turning

Epic drive there. Probably a handful even with the gyro, but you seem to have it under control! Makes me want to make T3 faster than T2, but I know I'll start to struggle controlling it, lol.

Look forward to seeing it flipping too, looks like it's going to be a serious contender.

Ellis, the test was done without the gyro, it REALLY stabilizes it when it's in, a little too much right now. We're going to sort that out at Newcastle. And if you think it's fast in that test video, I was driving it at just over half throttle to keep control without the gyro! Driving without the gyro at full throttle is I think what they call full insanity!

Tell me about it, I couldn't drive Satanix without the gyro, it would drift everywhere

Register To Comment