I've been watching some of the earlier robot wars series since they were uploaded to youtube and I was reminded of my favorite robot/robot wars team from back in the day. The sumpthing team (especially Richard Dig/Mr.Dig) were some of the best robot wars personalities. They always had great pit interviews. Sumpthing always struck me as an incredibly well-engineered machine considering it was made entirely out of scavenged parts. It competed in series 3-6 and extreme without ever fully "breaking down", although it was often immobilized by broken chains/forks/mechanical gremlins.

In comparison to other mainstay competitors of robot wars, there seems to be very little information out there about sumpthing. I remember it had a really cool (but not very informative) website years ago with some strange manifesto about a "low tech alliance" or something. I also heard it used to be a regular at live events and that it ended up as a display at a science museum somewhere.

I find sumpthing fascinating considering how it was built and would love to learn more about the sumpthing machine and it's construction. Does anyone here know the sumpthing team/know if they ever built another machine?