Register To Comment

Thread: "RoboRally" with robots driving game?

Hi all!

With now having an actual robot to drive around, I've been thinking about a driving exercise that should be rather fun, and I thought it might be worth sharing...

Basically, it would be an adaptation of a board game named RoboRally to work with the Antweight and Beetleweight classes.

To explain - RoboRally is a rather insanely fun board game (particularly when you have 5 or 6 players) set in a factory where you run robots around a bizarrely dangerous factory floor racing to hit rally points. Whoever hits the rally points in the right order first wins. If you want to learn more, it's right here:
    http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/prod/roborally

So, you make at least three rally points from white pieces of construction paper, each with a number. To hit a rally point, the robot has to drive over it. You make pits from black pieces of construction paper - if a Robot "falls in," aka drives over it, it has to restart from its last rally point (or starting position, if it hasn't hit one yet). Whoever hits all the rally points in the right order first wins.

I figure you put up obstacles to make it more of a maze, and since it doesn't need to have the weapons in play, it would be safe for the living room.

So...what do people think? A good idea? Any ideas for improvement?

You could use weapons like lifters or flippers to try to stop the other robots getting to their checkpoints to make it more challenging/competitive?

Register To Comment