Register To Comment
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My First Build. ("Mischief" if that name isn't taken yet)

they are untested yet but seem to be very well made (even though i changed most of the bolts and drilled and re-tapped every hole). I bought them ages ago i don't even have speed controllers to try them yet sorry.

This does look incredible! This is going to be a contender straight off the bat! (I looked at the other images and immediately thought over head bar spinner driven by a HK 40 (Or similar)... ouch!

I only see one issue.

http://s1177.photobucket.com/user/Ra...ml?sort=3&o=25

Top left hand view in that image, I take it that shows your belt set up? If so I doubt that will work. The area of contact to your rive pulley is so small that even if the belt is perfectly tight you will get slippage or the belt might pop off completely. if you get a longer belt you can use an ideler wheel to bring the belt further round on one side of the pulley, giving you more contact and reducing the risk of loosing drive. Hope that helps.

am I missing something but are these the small gas tanks used often in bike repair?
    http://s1177.photobucket.com/user/Ra...11342.jpg.html

*ponders what its used for

I have not finished designing the weapon system fully yet. Yes they are 12g co2 tanks. i had a crazy idea for an on board fire extinguisher (still playing with that idea)

Quote Originally Posted by Eventorizon View Post
    This does look incredible! This is going to be a contender straight off the bat! (I looked at the other images and immediately thought over head bar spinner driven by a HK 40 (Or similar)... ouch!

I only see one issue.

http://s1177.photobucket.com/user/Ra...ml?sort=3&o=25

Top left hand view in that image, I take it that shows your belt set up? If so I doubt that will work. The area of contact to your rive pulley is so small that even if the belt is perfectly tight you will get slippage or the belt might pop off completely. if you get a longer belt you can use an ideler wheel to bring the belt further round on one side of the pulley, giving you more contact and reducing the risk of loosing drive. Hope that helps.
    when i designed that i was considering using a wheel to run along the inside of the drum. The reason i considered this is to give slip. If the weapon stopped suddenly without any slip i would risk damaging The weapon drive system (i think the motor would explode) though none of this is tested i will most likely build two or three options to figure out the best solution. Thanks for the tip about the belt drive I'm sure i would have run into that problem.

Ever notice that maybe you have been doing things totally incorrectly? well i did this morning...
    Now i am sure to go with a full body spinner i figured a much better way to build the robot.
    This new build design will allow for extra battery packs to be added if required.
    I will also be able to remove motors quickly if they are damaged.

http://s1177.photobucket.com/user/Ra...build.jpg.html

If you are serious about a rebuild, you need not design it for extra packs to be added. Designing it to accept one known configuration and optimising is better for that kind of machine. Now we are allowed 12S lipos you could design it for two 2650mAh 6 Cell packs (Wired in series and used as a pair) knowing that it will always work and and always fit.
    If you want to be able to change it, make the head adjustable so that you can switch between something that cuts, something that clobbers and something that lifts (Or anything really). That is better far better (IMO) than messing with your internals.

I'm after a little advice i can foresee have a big problem with radio interference. This robot will be a full body spinner and i am pretty sure that i may have to try many aerial / radio systems.
    Basically i am just wondering if anyone has had similar problems or knows of a good salutation before i invest in many different types of RC systems.
    Any advice would be useful.

Register To Comment