Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Full Body Spinner Removable Link.

On a Full body spinner where is acceptable to place the Removable link?

Under the Body accessible through a hole when the weapon is not spinning?
    On a non rotating point within the weapons axle?

Within the weapon axle. You should always be able to access it regardless of what the weapon is doing.

as i suspected, Thanks

Roboteer

Under the Body accessible through a hole when the weapon is not spinning?
    On a non rotating point within the weapons axle?

Within the weapon axle. You should always be able to access it regardless of what the weapon is doing.

In My opinion you should supply both so no matter where the robot ends up you have a Link that is easily accessable TWO LINKS ... I always stipulate this and im sure it was amended into the build rules ....
    ALL THE BEST TEAM TILLY

Roboteer

As the Chief FRA Arena Marshall Myself And all I train as arena Marshalls would ascertain all the dangers involved in removing the link from a full body spinner with the weapon running and if it was felt safe to do so would remove the said link ... or if not safe endeavour to make it so by use of other robots to pin it into a safe position or use a house robot .... either way to let the batteries run down would be a last resort as this would take a long time and would also be deemed dangerous but would as I say only be used as a last resort if it could not be done any other way ......

Pete .....
    ALL THE BEST TEAM TILLY

Roboteer

The build diary is rather old with no pictures but Shane has made a F/Book account with pics on TEAM TILLY
    check em out there ..... f/book acc is team tilly .......

Pete
    Last edited by botmad; 1st July 2013 at 08:30. Reason: correction
    ALL THE BEST TEAM TILLY

Quote Originally Posted by webby View Post
    Just wondering need for sleep, what robot is that in your profile picture? it looks interesting! is there a build diary?
    Well i am new to building robots even though i have been following the sport for many years, but yes it is my first attempt at a featherweight. still under heavy construction i'll post a picture or two of it in the Build Diary section.

Register To Comment