Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: nothing but trouble rebuild! (fw)

been wanting to make a nice cnc'd feather weight flipper to go with TS3 kinda thing for a while so started it just over a week ago.- making it sorta flow! style as i've always liked the look of it.

picture of the base plate below, 10mm with 6mm deep pockets, the 2 cental slots are for the bulkheads to fit into when they are made.

when both motor gear boxes are done and bolted on will weigh an estimated 2.8kg. Thats without weight saving on the motor mounts yet too.

im going to have the ram bolt to a billet thats then to the base, this will allow me to swap rams out easily, as im putting a low pressure ram in for now but would like to make my own eventually perhaps on full pressure once i no how to use works lathe!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I do like a cnc' ing its always so neat, an exciting project

Cheers, and sorta kronic style or like the feather weight flow

almost finished off! drive wise anyway

base plates done near enough with 5.2mm holes and counter bores on the underside for the m5 capheads holding everything to the base.

motor mounts are done with weight saving, and drilled and tapped into the axle holes for an m6 grub screw to eventually go in and hold the axles and stop them spinning.

overall i can take loads more weight out yet but i wana wait untill the robots a bit more together just so i don't end up taking out material where it might be needed still

pics below.......

few more pics, plan is to have a victor per motor and will mount it to the face thats inline with the motors edge on a little plate or something

more bits done, got round to designing the bulkheads- only got one made thou as it was originally free 12mm thick plate so had to be skimmed down 10mm which took longer than i thought to sort out.

made a plate for the base of the ram, which will connect the the base plate and will also connect to the sides of the bulkheads with 3 m6 bolts each side.

loads more bits to make yet thou, link holder, speed controller holder, battery holder and loads of side holes for armour and various grub screws etc. wana mount internals above and beside the drive motors.

goin with low pressure for now, as the old one ran at about 8 bar and was decent for LP, this chassis will take better forces so will 10 bar it for now untill i make a FP ram one day- but im not in a rush for that.
    Last edited by calumco; 17th August 2013 at 21:42.

cheers guys

more done, took the rads off the bottom of the first bulkhead and got it mounted to the baseplate after work....

BILD0006.JPG

BILD0007.JPG

BILD0008.JPG

Register To Comment