Register To Comment
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: nothing but trouble rebuild! (fw)

why you mounted your ram to a plate then that plate to a base plate thats just as thick? looks well heavy...

so that i can put a different ram in eventually and instead of having different holes everywhere i can just make a new plate. Plus with it bolting into the sides of the bulkheads gives it more strength

Designed and machined a lipo box that mounts to the motor/wheel mount.

TS3s lipo holder is ok but not having any foam/padding in has started marking the battery with all the knocks and bumps of the champs. So on this one i allowed for 3mm extra on each side to fit some foam in.

and i no the valves not going to have a great flow rate but im just getting it all working for now and ill see about making it more powerful later on. For what i want it for and for the events it'll do the old robot had a decent flip with the same set up so it'll do me for now.

lots of pics below....

BILD0018.JPG

BILD0021.JPG

BILD0022.JPG

seems ya dont have to place them in the post anymore but anyway more below in the attached thumbnails thing!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Few more pics of the bottle holder and the box design.....

BILD0012.JPG
    BILD0013.JPG
    BILD0014.JPG

cheers, and nah well i dunno why but i still prefere to draw it all up by hand rather than using cad, for alot of what you see i've got to scale cardboard templates (will put a pic up when i've got a sec) and i just program it all on the control panel on the machine. few bits had to be worked out on cad like the bottle holder section and the positions of the axles to the motors for the motor mounts

designed and started making an electronics holder to hold the reciever, BEC, etc etc. it will mount to the top of the other sides drive mount when i hopefully finish it tomorrow afternoon.

few more bits to do to it yet- the bottom wants skimming off to leave a little mounting block like on the lipo box and a little lid making.

pictures below......

BILD0001.JPG
    BILD0002.JPG
    BILD0003.JPG
    BILD0004.JPG
    BILD0005.JPG

Very nice!

cheers

more done, made a lower outer hardox rim so to speak to stiffen up the robot and for armour to attach too. weight wise its not actually too bad atm i recon its do-able but thats with a new ram which ill make evetually as the current one weighs 2.3kg!

pics and what not below.....

electronics holder done and in, - very light too!

BILD0017 (2).JPG

BILD0018 (2).JPG

BILD0020 (2).JPG

BILD0021 (2).JPG

BILD0023 (2).JPG

started designing the weight saving i was going to do on the main bulkheads.
    designed it on paper first then cadded it up and got the program wrote up on my machine and took a pic of the graphics (last picture)

Register To Comment