Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battery size

What size lipos are people running in beetles, I'm imagining about 1000mah but am not really sure?

Was thinking of buying a lipo with 11 volt and 1300 mah, not sure how good it would be but sounds about right

I've just gone for a 4s 1300mah nanotech 25-50c. If you think that's overkill you should see the size of the spinner motor I just ordered.

Ah yes, Harry here intends to form a blackhole with his brushless, or at least the figures suggest as much...

(am still trying to get a drill into a beetle design)

I'm planning on using a brushless like this to power my fbs:
    http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Brushless.html
    Is that about what others are using?

3 things about that motor.
    1: it is a 380 size motor stuck in a 540 housing. This makes it running fast but it hasn't got much torque.
    2: The bearing on the frontend of this motor sucks.
    3: If you want to use this as a FBS power plant plan a good way to protect that 3mm axle or it will snap.

Mine is similar size, weight and current draw, but its an outrunner with a much lower rpm/v and had a 5mm shaft.

Ok, I've been looking at other motors as well but just wanted to check I was in the right range. I won't be connecting the shaft directly to the spinning element as it goes through a gear reduction of about 8:1. I'm planning to hav a ring running around the outside rather than a conventional fbs so that it is invertible, it just quite hard to get the power for the ring!!
    I'm also planning a brushless drive but designing a single stage planetary gearbox to go on te end is also proving difficult due to the high rpm of smaller motors.

Trying to find a brushless with a good balance between strength and axle thickness, and torque, speed and weight. Havent found anything too good yet.

Register To Comment