Register To Comment
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention Beetleweight builders!

Quote Originally Posted by duff View Post
    My only worry is that everyone's going to just build stupidly powerful spinners
    You say that like it's a bad thing!?

No OOTA area means spinners can ping-pong around it! Also renders most other types a little out-classed.

Wasn't there an active weapon rule? Are we still enforcing that?

Quote Originally Posted by PJ-27 View Post
    You say that like it's a bad thing!?

No OOTA area means spinners can ping-pong around it! Also renders most other types a little out-classed.
    If my experience with antweights goes, it is a bad thing. For the spinners. Most of the spinners who knock themselves oota. With no trench, this would leave a spinner bouncing around like an air hockey puck.

This feels like an appropriate time to relaunch the VFTW campaign, they won't ping-pong around the arena

It seems only right that I build a mini Drumroll (or at least finish what I started of it a year ago) but I've probably got enough parts for two beetles. Fully support an active weapon proposal in this class (although I understand the reasons for not making it mandatory) so will maybe try and concoct a grab-and-lift BW to add a bit of variety. Whether I'm actually able to make it to Deeside is another matter...

Hardox is banned as armour, but what about mild steel? I don't imagine being able to get much within the limit anyway but good to know.
    Last edited by RogueTwoRobots; 4th June 2013 at 22:00.

Quote Originally Posted by psychostorm View Post
    With no trench, this would leave a spinner bouncing around like an air hockey puck.
    Exactly! It'll be awesome!

What is the maximum spinner speed allowed then ?

Ok...just because there isnt an oota zone doesnt mean that there wont be hazards for spinners. The arena is being called The Slaughterhouse. Slaughtered animals are left to hang on meat hooks. I will be seriously theming the arena and i think some nice meathooks could be a good hazard for a flipped spinner to get tangled in. so dont rule out building a good flipper.

Tezza....i dont think there will be a spinner maximum speed. too fast and your machine will not be able to drive and probably destroy itself. 10mm thick walls will keep em nice and safe.

Cool, might have a go then B-)

No, too many spinners won't necessarily be a bad thing, it might just get a bit 'samey'. Low cost brushless setups and no OOTA mean spinners are the most sensible way to go. With no drop off though, there could be some serious damage.

Register To Comment