Register To Comment
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention Beetleweight builders!

Just curious, would hardox be allowed for a FBS? As that is techniqually the disk and the armour.

^^^ Cylindrical hardox? Suppose it could be watercut out of a thick plate but that's getting pretty serious!

Yes....a full body spinning hardox robot would be good. The point to ban hardox armour is to encorage weapons. Hardox boxs are just a no. If you want to build a pushing machine then make it outragously fast and powerful....but not from hardox. Try Titanium...at least that makes nice sparks. Or something different like the saint. Just dont bother building a hardox wedge cos it will be pointless...litterally. I have seen some fantastic designs and inventiveness just latley and i really believe this weight will be the making of some very nice looking machines.

If I can make it to this event I'll definitely be bringing one. I've been planning on building one for ages. I think this class has huge potential. The hardox rule is a good idea too. My only worry is that everyone's going to just build stupidly powerful spinners, and there won't be much variety. Mind you it would make for some awesome fights.

As per my previous post, I'm planning on a crazy spinner. I reckon 500g for motors, batteries, rx etc, and then a 1kg bar spinning as fast as I can get it.

so far almost all of them seem to be spinners! but as duff said, some great fights :P

Register To Comment