Register To Comment
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Firestorm Drive System / Dual Differential

Also vice versa. You are still counted as mobile even if you can't steer. You can also use a large gearing on forward but a speedy gearing on the the sideways.

No idea at this stage. I am watching all the old Robotwars vids looking for firestorm. I know You get a good close shot of it somewhere I just cant remember when.
    But what ever it was took up all the space behind the differential mechanism, that I am sure of.

looks impressive..... way too much work though, 2 x bosch 750 and a wotty job done.
    If your really worried about going dead straight then use a gyro.

Ah, that makes sense, yeah. I was just wondering how good for the weight, friction losses, potential to break etc.. Any design like this floats my boat; clever bit of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by terry View Post
    looks impressive..... way too much work though, 2 x bosch 750 and a wotty job done.
    If your really worried about going dead straight then use a gyro.
    I am not interested in going straight, I just want to know how it works. But its not to much effort with the benefits that it brings over the normal left and right motor system. But hey, I don't build heavies so what do I know. It would be a great technical challenge to get it in a feather! Ooooo, hours of fun to be had there!

Took me far too long to understand differential drive. Amazingly it took a video from the WW2 era to help me understand it

Register To Comment