Register To Comment
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How would you spend £500?

oh also o found a uk seller of the 320a esc i can post the link later if you want as im on my phone at the mo

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-27 View Post
    Good point I hadn't spotted that they're a foot and a half long! I'm hoping it's a translation error.
    I think you are reading the dimensions as cm not mm.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakey View Post
    I think you are reading the dimensions as cm not mm.
    The dimensions on the picture are in cm.

Made a similar mistake the other day sizing up wood for my shed. They're listed as mm in the item description further down so it's just a typo, although I would have loved to have seen a 1.5 foot tall ESC

Heh I was looking in the item description. :P

The code is open source I believe, so as long as there's a credit to the original author you should be able use and edit freely. Check the licence it's distributed under though.

I thought I'd post an update on this. I spent all the money I was given, and then some, and spent about a month assembling all the control units. The design changed a little due to time and money constraints. The electronics are now housed in 5mm acrylic boxes, it's not ideal but it's a start. I have been teaching since September and was able to take 2 lesson with a year 7 class to test the kit out. A couple of technical issues but on the whole it went really well.

We had a robot sumo competition in the last lesson and most of the class came back at lunchtime to keep using their robots. Ill try and add some photos, I was really impressed with their outcomes considering they had 90 minutes.

Register To Comment