Register To Comment
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 13x 73mmx20mm Banebots 50 Shore wheels with 1/2 inch Hex Mount

1/2 inch = 12.7mm

Therefore you would be left with a tube with a wall thickness of 0.3mm. No lathe chuck that I know of would be able to hold that without crushing it.

Just chuck the wheels on ebay at a discount and there you go.

I know the maths Gary. I will find a way unless anyone needs wheels with the 1/2 inch hex.

21 of these wheels for sale still. PM me offers.

Nope, 50 only. Sorry. After the state of Binky's wheels I think we are going to stick with 50 shore from now on.

I've bought a load of blue rubber wheels from Bearing boys for the robot kits I'm building.

I had the same problem with some Bainbots wheels I bought for my uni project. I found the 3/8" UNF nuts were just a little too large so I found some 1/2" hexagonal bar and tapped a 3/8" UNF thread in it. Took a 8.5mm pilot and I turned them down to 17.5mm long (wheel hubs are 18mm) with a couple of washers pressing the wheels into the shoulder on the drill motors it works fine.

I have successfully found a way of resizing the holes with no difficulty at all.

If anyone want want wheels with the 1/2 inch Hex hole then let me know ASAP as I will be converting them all unless I hear otherwise.

There are 13 still unmodified so take your pick.

I now have 13 wheels left to modify and I will be doing them all tomorrow. If anyone wants any unmodified ones say now; that is with a 1/2 inch hex hole.

Register To Comment