Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nicad packs

Need another 3000ah pack for Bulldog and im just having a check these are correct

http://www.batteryspace.com/Custom-N...pen-wires.aspx

I know Nicads are a little old tech but I have all the chargers etc and already run x2 3000ah packs

They are crap. The cells have a typical discharge rate of 3A which is further backed up by the 16awg wire (I use bigger in my feathers).

They are designed for low power applications. Chuck the nicads and get some lipo or A123 in there.

NiCd ain't allowed in the EU anymore. Only old stocks are allowed to be sold and used.

Also, a comparable and decent LiPo pack has better capacity, lighter weight, and is cheaper to boot.

I know that with the current battery tech at the level it is I could go for lipo or A123 cheaper but when getting into the chargers etc is when the cost mounts up

A usable charger that goes up to 6S ain't that expensive. I gather you already have a powersupply for your chargers. If not. That is a tad more expensive.

Team RCC has several of these powersupplies. One of those is mated to this quad charger
    And one of 100A monsters from mr Cooper is reciding in the Workshop of Chaos for multi-purpose applications. Firing Burkert and Churkert Valves for example.

Pretty sure you can find chargers that will balance lipo packs for under £30 if you look in the right places

The battery I gave as example is £20.5.
    The charger with build in powersupply costs £26.65

Add £5 P&P. = £52.15

The NiCd pack you gave as starter is £45, but that's with a very favorable $ to £ exchange rate and without P&P or possible customs nagging.

I know what I would do.

I have some from TJr that ain't used anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by maddox10 View Post
    Also, a comparable and decent LiPo pack has better capacity, lighter weight, and is cheaper to boot.
    But about 50% of the reviews of turnigy packs say they had to send them back or they blew up or wouldn't charge/balance.
    I am not sure if it would be sensible to run a hw on these cheap packs due to the risk of them not supplying the current stated.
    I'm not sure as I don't run a hw or own turnigy lipos but I would hate to be the muppet that went for cheap lipos then got them banned after an incident.

Thanks for calling me a muppet Max.

Register To Comment