Register To Comment

Thread: Titanium Bolts

I doubt anyone will actually have any but I have been searching for a source of Counter Sunk titanium bolts and I have got no where.

I am after, approximately 60x 10mm M5 CSK, 20x 25mm M5 CSK 10x 25mm M6 CSK and 22x M8 10mm CSK...

All with Allen key heads, not Phillips.

If anyone has any sources or has any bolts let me know.

PS: I can find titanium bolts of every size but they are ntened for bikes and gokarts and as a result have big fat heads that stick out... no good in combat. There are some with angled edges but I would like to avoid them if at all possible.

I'd say search ebay but you will pay an absolute fortune for a single bolt (easily a couple of quid)

Why are you bothering with titanium bolts? Stainless bolts should happily do the job

I am looking into it in case once everything is cut and assembled I end up over weight. I cant mess with the weapon as its not symmetrical. I am already using Ti for the armour in most places with an Alu chassis. I could thin down the hardox at the front, but getting hold of 3.2mm Hardox is very hard (Its 4mm atm)
    Its basically a fall back as I can claw back a gram or two on every bolt if I have to.
    And yes there are alternatives, I am just curious.

I would guess that you would be paying around 3 hundred for that set of bolts if you can find them. Titanium bolts are not worth it unless you REALLY need them

Have a look here...but as Gary said, they're prohibitively expensive!
    I have some similar countersunk bolts, but unfortunately, they're not metric/allen head.
    http://www.pro-bolt.com/titanium/titanium-bolts-countersunk-washers/titanium-countersunk-bolt-m5-x-0-8mm-x-10mm.html#.UYgLbYZuvVU

Ouch... £4.25 each! Ok... I would have to be desperate! Maybe I should find another way...

Register To Comment