Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Voltages

I believe that the 75v limit as this is the limit for low voltage applications as far as the regulatory bodies are concerned. And no that wouldn't be legit. A 10s pack can happily have 42v or thereabouts when fully charged so you would only really be able to go to 15 or 16s.

Quite why you would need to go beyond 10s or even 12s I do not know.

What controller are you planning to use? Because I bet it will blow up.

The limit is 75V but there is a table in the rules that tells you the limit of each type of battery.
    So you can only use a max of...

30 NiCd cells, 30 NiMH cells, 18 SLA cell's, 12 LiFePo4 cells or 12 Lipo cells.

So the limit may be 75 but even with a lipo at maximum voltage you will only reach 42V anyway.

But you could use a large bank of capacitors to get your 75v from your 42v battery.
    I think that would be allowed but you would have to check.

I was thinking either capacitor(s) or a "joule-thief" type of arrangement first, and then a cap to smooth things out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon Wizard View Post
    I was thinking either capacitor(s) or a "joule-thief" type of arrangement first, and then a cap to smooth things out.
    What do you need the higher voltage for? If it is to run a drive motor or a motor that has to spin continuously then I imagine you will struggle. The capacitor idea I just for an axe or something which runs temporarily.

Register To Comment