Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Axminster Sieg SX2 milling machine

I bought this a few months ago brand new and since then it's done literally a single workpiece in nylon. It was a motor mount for a speed 900 in 540 for the champs. Anyway, as I've just managed to get a cracking deal on an X3 (the next model up) I want to sell this one to someone that will get many good years machining out of it. Specification below,

http://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster...ll-prod809899/

As you can see, £679 brand new. I'm looking for £500. I will get it delivered to you for £50 (not bad seeing as it weighs over 60kg) or you could pick it up in Edinburgh at the robots live event.

Image of mill below.

These mills have a very good write up and having owned this one I can see why. Very quiet operation from the powerful brushless motor and able to machine accurate parts. Perfectly sized for featherweight parts and usable for a lot of heavyweight parts too.

I should also mention that if I post it I will likely partially disassemble it so that the more sticky out parts don't get damaged in transit. I'll be looking to pack it up in a small wooden crate. Again to prevent damage

There are also several sites around the net where other owners have converted these mills to CNC, fitted DRO systems for precise axis measurement etc etc. They are sold by a number of different companies in a few different colours in the states too. The older version, the Sieg X2 is essentially the same beast except it doesn't have a brushless motor, doesnt use a belt to transmit the power from the motor (louder and more likely to break with the older version) and has a different lift assist mechanism for the z axis so any accessories for that should also fit the SX2.

If you have any questions then get in touch.
    Last edited by typhoon_driver; 4th May 2013 at 10:15.

I wonder how much it would cost to ship it over

I could find out if you send me a post code....

Actually, I just looked. To malta it would be around the £250 mark just for delivery
    Last edited by typhoon_driver; 4th May 2013 at 14:42.

FGR1242
    I'm assuming you know I'm from another island...

Ok turns out I didn't need the post code. It's still around the £250 mark for those places that will take it and there aren't many of those.

too steep, not surprised though, it's to be expected....pity

Thought there would have been more interest in this

and we've not all got a nice basement workshop :P

Register To Comment