Register To Comment
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The end of robot combat in the US?

Just seen this...

http://forums.delphiforums.com/THERF...es/?msg=7716.1

Real shame. I always fancied a trip robogames.

My goal was to attend Robogames in 2014. I can't believe it had to end this year

You have to ask: why?

Probably Plotniki Suing Em.

It's sad when the show like this stops, perhaps it would be good to learn as much as we can as to the reason why, and take steps to avoid the same thing happening here.
    If it is politics and money, it is hard not to have divisions. perhaps we should look to what unites us rather than could divide.

Quote Originally Posted by swanaldo View Post
    Considering Jonno is now utilising the name, you'd have thought they'd be smart enough to avoid the brand Damage. Then America - Sue first ask questions later.

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeDave
    Thanks for all your years of support.

RoboGames 2013 was our last event.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.
    It's a shame that it should come to this.

Happy Retirement Judge Dave. We should probably get you a small very beaten up carriage clock. I hope you enjoy the future robot combat events as a spectator without the stress of having to tun it. Oh & don't be a stranger. Keep in touch.
    Last edited by psychostorm; 23rd April 2013 at 07:47.

Quote Originally Posted by psychostorm View Post
    Considering Jonno is now utilising the name, you'd have thought they'd be smart enough to avoid the brand Damage. Then America - Sue first ask questions later.
    I have no idea why they are not carrying on, although Jonno using the Robot Wars name wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to if others would get sued for using it. Jonno isn't Robot Wars, he's a franchise. However there will be some other reason why this is the end for them.

It wouldn't suprise me if someone else bought the arena cheap and put on something similar, albeit on a smaller scale.

Heavyweight spinner arena Grant?

Squeeze a bit more space at gadget show live? :P

Wow that's really crap. Wish we could find out why it came about?

Don't they run 2 events with that arena? One as part of a big expo and then another in the winter?

Quote Originally Posted by swanaldo View Post
    probably just Financially unviable

Register To Comment