Register To Comment

Thread: ESC for 6x Gimsons??

It is what I would choose as well.

6 Gimson GR02's 24V in a Heavy. 259 did something simular with 4 high end batterydrills.

I would use them with the 24/1 gearbox, and use them with 6S Lipo. That opens a wide range of speedo's and batteries, as well affordable chargers.

For redundancy, each motor his own Turnegy TZ85. Even bought @BotBitz , it's cheaper than a Vantec. And if reprogammed yourself, cheaper than a set of Victors (£200 for 2 Victors, without P&P or import tax. £130 for 6 TZ85's at HK UK warehouse)

I wouldn't use the original axles of the Gimsons to carry the weight of a heavy. Driving around ain't the issue, it's landings after flips or resisting heavy hammerblows.

An intermediate gearing and the wheels on more solid axles ain't a bad idea.

"Don't have a clue how to make my own axles and gearboxes lol. "

Can i suggest you stay with the feathers for abit longer then, a drill powered heavyweight isn't going to work, and will just be a waste of your money and time. I saw alot of Gimson motors/gearboxes fail at the weekend in the feathers and heavyweight is out of the question.

I would try to find 4 identical mobility scooter drives. you have the 4 wheels tyres gearboxes all rated for One (fat)person. so they should take the weight OK. Speed controller I would go for a Wotty I have used them for a while and have proved reliable. and can be used for the next robot.

Register To Comment