Register To Comment
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New website feedback

Roboteer

Quote Originally Posted by RogueTwoRobots View Post
    Although I can only seem to add them to my replies by using the characters such as colon and close-bracket. Clicking on the pictures of the emoticons below the text box where I type my reply only adds them to the title section above the text box, so I'm not sure what the 'shortcuts' are to add, say, the lightbulb emoticon to my posts. On the previous forum, if you clicked on the picture of the emoticon, it would automatically add it to the text box at the point where the cursor was. Is it possible to activate that on this type of forum?
    Should be sorted now. Some of the images were missing. If you are using IE10 some of the WYSIWYG functionality is a little broken currently (it's being worked on).
    Kane Aston
    http://www.makerobotics.com

Co-owner and builder of BEHEMOTH

You are a star many thanks did I do something dumb? also I like to read the threads the new post at the top how do I change this?

Many thanks you are a star, did I do something Dumb. also I like to have the threads so the new post is at the top how do I change this

Roboteer

Click here then change the Thread Display Mode to whatever you like.
    Kane Aston

Ahh, I didn't have the WYSIWYG setting activated. Hello old style emoticons :cool:
    Thanks Kane!

I have noticed that the links to the rules etc do not work.

Roboteer

Quote Originally Posted by Walmsley2012 View Post
    I have noticed that the links to the rules etc do not work.
    Thanks for spotting that, it's now fixed.
    Kane Aston

You star

p.s liking the new site look.

Like the new look, much less strain on the eyes, but with all things new (even if they're better) it takes time to learn. Thanks for your hard work Kane.

One disappointment for me though is that I used to navigate solely by the 'View Active Topics button to see what was new, and then click the 'First Unread Post' button on said topic so that I made sure I didn't miss anything. (Did anyone else work like this?)
    You can't do that anymore, What's New? gives you every new post, in post order. Perhaps it would be neater to list topics that have been posted in? Like the old system?
    Thanks.

Also could you put the navigation links to go back to the section you are in or back to the main page at the bottom of each page so you don't have to scroll up every time?
    I also don't see the point in the things at the bottom if the page (thread information, tags, posting permissions) but again it doesn't really matter if they are there or not.

Register To Comment