Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ceros batt ideas

Ceros is still in many pieces but plans are in motion would like to gauge all hw roboters ideas on this problem, how much power is drawn in an average fight.

lipo batt packs 22.2v 8000mah from hobby king £80ish
    2x 12v 5000mah nimh packs (35amp draw)very low £90ish
    sla £** all sizes shapes and prices

so the problem, i want to use lipo batteries but the autocut off function i would build in myself in the control line. or just use two lipos togeather ie 16000 mah

but dont really wont to have to baby sit them in pits just sounds boring, i like to walk and chat

any suggestions

If your want to run Lipos you will have to baby sit them in the pits. If your running Perms, i wouldn't touch 95% of the Lipos on Hobby King, go for the Optipower (especially with the 30% discount available) ones.

I uae about about 4 amps per fight , most I think has been about 6 amps, there are some a123 batteries for sale on here aswell, the optipower 50c 100 burst are the lipos you need, 10 amps of them.

Bullfrog uses the Zippy LiFePo4's. 4 packs of 5S 4200mAh. Resulting in 33V 8.4Ah.

No babysitting these babies, seen as SLA's concerning safely and such.
    Also, after a full fight, we are exactly from full charge to storage charge. Meaning we just used up 4 to 4.5 amps.

If you want to go 24V or simular, you can go 6S, meaning you have a large choise of acceptable chargers with a normal pricetag. Otherwise you could use 2 times 4S, to get 8S.

We're planning to use Zippy LiPo 4S 8000mAh, in a simular configuration ,29.6V 16000mAh for another heavy. And with 640A burst, and planning to limit the fuse to 400A, we're not worried.

LiPo Bunker and suitable charger is already sorted out, as well with real time telemetry on the batteries, we're playing it safe. Babysitting these to be charged. @2C rate, we're talking real amps to be pushed. A total of 950W, that means big powersupplies and expensive chargers. On the other hand, in 20-30 minutes bleepedybleepedybleepedy Ready.

And the fun bit is, still cheaper than a set of new Hawker Oddysee's or SBS with a suitable charger. Easy kilo's to reap if you ask me. Low hanging fruit indeed.

LifePo4's look good but not sure i would trust turnigy batts,use them in my model cars but prob not on the perm motors, custom pack with these maybe. see link
    http://www.all-battery.com/Tenergy3....ell-30080.aspx

please comment guys more then 3hw out there

thanks adam

or these look good not sure on max draw would expect 50ish amp
    http://www.all-battery.com/20pcsofdP...teries904.aspx

Were going to run Mute and Bonk on the Optipower batteries, seem pretty good and as Alan says nice price with 30% off

These are ones weve gone for http://www.optipower.co.uk/Catalogue...cat=131&cnode=

We currently use the A123 in Mute and they do fine with the LEMS but the lipos will be much better
    Last edited by team_mute; 3rd April 2013 at 16:17.

adz600. I don't see the problem in itself to use the Zippy packs. Hobbyking has a reasonably working warranty setup, if a pack is faulty at arrival, the warranty covers it. It just takes a LiPo tester before you do anything with them.

We have a reasonable amount of Hobbyking LiPo and LiFePo4 batteries in use, in robots and RC cars. All it takes is some charging discipline and regular check-ups.

its a good point, just my turnigy in my hpi blitz goes out of ballance. but might give them ago they are cheap.
    just looking at all the options before spending cash.

Kronic will be switching to the Optipower ones Mute are using.

Register To Comment