Register To Comment
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ceros batt ideas

That is why we opt for the Hobbyking products. Affordable compared to European resellers.
    After all, in most cases, the stuff is just rebatched premium quality controlled product from the same factory somewere in China.

Your using lems in a high class of heavyweight... Don't cheap out and use rubbish lipos you will only regret buying... Most hobbyking lipos are indeed re branded cheap stuff... Optipower / thunderpower packs are in a different class... There's a reason people in other hobbys such as rc heli's etc stear clear of hobbyking lipos! Eventually people on here will learn to do the same.

With a RoboteQ AX 2550 in Ceros, the max amp draw is not even close to the "hobby-amperes" of the more affordable LiPo's or LiFePo4's,with enough Ah capacity to keep a heavy going for a full fight. (not counting damage and shorts, what should be solved by a well chosen fuze.)
    For example. A Zippy 4200mAh LiFePo4 is rated 30c cont 40c burst. 4200mah is on the very very low end of the Ah needed in a heavy. So 2 in parallel to get 8400mAh. Even taking in account the "optimistic" amps you can draw from it, and degrading those to 20C packs , you still have 168A to play with.

Team RCC is happy with the Zippy LiFePo4's in Bullfrog. What can I say more?

I'm willing to bet that over 80% of our RC pilots on the airfield I fly at use Hobbyking stuff, lipos, ESC's, motors and all. The same is true of most of the RC offroad racers in the Truggy and buggy cups 1/10 and 1/8th scale. Most run either Gens Ace or Turnigy, and that is mainly because Zippy has only few hardcases at the moment which are mandatory at the races.

opti power look good, 5000mah 6s about £69 or flight power as used by big nipper not sure on the packs but, 4000mah 25c at £42.96
    heard good things about flight power batt also

dont order from flightpower! they've ripped loads of people off and owe alot of people money... just ask callum...

any more ideas, optipower do look good just still unsure with high price, will defo use a lipo system just which one

I've just bought some optipower lipos for my heavy. One pack seems better than two of my old Nicads. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Can I ask.. everyone seems to want lipo, I haven't seen much mention of Lith-ion. Is that purely a weight consideration?

I've not investigated But I would guess commercial availability and current draw.

Register To Comment