Register To Comment
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Antweight Kit

Shapeways will automatically orientate your model. I've tried submitting different orientations in the past but the file always gets rotated.

Less than 10€ for the CF sheet and all the bolts and nuts
    That's a good price! What size and thickness of sheet are we talking about? Locally for that price you'd probably get an A5 sized sheet with a 3mm thickness

About the same area, but 1mm thick, around 8.50€ from hobby king: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...MM_Thick_.html

Here do you live? Do you have any store links?
    HB might be better, bacause i can order the CF and the servos (and tx/rx for a full robot) in the same package.

I'm from Malta...the shop who sells the stuff has no web shop :|
    1mm sheet should be cheaper - so I think the price is right...you'll find similar prices off ebay.

Some time back was looking into the possibility of using kevlar composite armour, but the costs involved were prohibitive, so the idea was scrapped!

Been meaning to get back into robots and came up with this body shell to get my eye back in.

Man these things are small.

[attachment=1:1o4oomh7]IMAG0130.jpg[/attachment:1o4oomh7]

All of the parts for it + an oversized piece of material for at least the flipper and possibly some wheels can be cut from an A5 sheet of material

[attachment=0:1o4oomh7]IMAG0129.jpg[/attachment:1o4oomh7]

You could stick the spare lifter arm on the other side to stiffen the flipper considerably. Should fit in weight and the cube too if you were to use a smaller battery and 1-2mm plastic as the build material which should be cuttable on a laser.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Register To Comment