Register To Comment
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Antweight Kit

Heya, I suggest heading over to the robotwars101 forum, most the antweight builders hang out there and have a lot of good advice they can give you.

I second the suggestion to make use of the RW101 forum, there's quite a few discussions there about kit antweights (it's approaching half past 3am here so I can't really find any, but this page comes to mind too).

The MG90 servos are surprisingly easy to modify for continuous rotation and good speed though - Josh Valman does some 3D printed spacers which are brilliant for that - and I know a few ants have used them for drive, including a finalist at the last AWS I was at (3!

Thanks for the info, i also found this site explaning how to mod the mg90s: http://robocraft.ru/blog/mechanics/595.html

I was thinking about using metal geared servos just for the weapon, and plastic geared for the drive.
    Do you think the plastic ones will not last long enough?

The idea with this possible kit is to kids, and adults too, to have fun assembling them, learn a bit and the fight other kit bots. They will not be subjected to high impacts or spinners, the worse that can happen is get flipped (or some one dropping the robot to the floor...).

I will go to the RW101 forum and search around and maybe start this thread there.

Thanks guys :wink:

I'm not certain they would (I've not used the SG90s for drive but they don't look too strong) and the MG90s would simplify things by having them all around...also, if you did make the kit with all MG90s, you could probably get quite a good discount for volume!

For actual combat you would probably need quite a hefty weapon (as Spyro, the MG90 driven robot at AWS38, did) to be competitive with using them, but for fighting each other and getting experience they would probably be more than fine.

Just looked at the HK postage page. International (Registered) Air Mail 101-200g US$5.99

I like to go for 300 grams of lift at the tip of my lifting arm for an analogue servo or 200 grams for a digital.

Register To Comment