Register To Comment
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Antweight Kit

Yes, 4mm walls are definitely overkill. And printing solid walls will also cost you a fortune. Design a space frame chassis (not sure that's the correct terminology, I'm sure some proper engineering types can correct me). As it's charged by the volume of material you use, the less waste material, the more money you can save. Think of how a bike frame is designed, lots of beams to make a solid structure, not just one big lump of material. I'd say the most I've ever spent on a 3d printed chassis is 40 euros, and the least is under 10 euros.

Sounds odd... Have you definitely selected the correct material? It should be white, strong and flexible. Other materials are more expensive.

I know they give you a discount if your model is of a certain density, so I think its something to do with that.

From their website: We also offer a volume and density discount on Strong & Flexible materials. For models that are greater than 10% dense (material volume divided by bounding box volume), after the first 20cm3, the remaining volume is calculated with a 50% discount.

So it looks like your model is right on the boundaries of density.

You could try getting some kit's laser cut. More assembly and design required but should be cheaper as you might be able to squeeze many robots on one sheet of material and set up costs should be less.

Also my servos were fine aside from some drift on the neutral position due to some flexible glue.

Register To Comment