Register To Comment
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Robots Live! European Championships 2013-7th & 8th September

Quote Originally Posted by Flag Captured View Post
    From the videos and pictures I've seen, it sounds like I've missed a real gem of an event! If there's another event like this in the future, definitely going to get down and watch - congrats to all the roboteers and crew!

Also, was watching a few videos back and I was wondering - why are there two Dantomkias? (Well, one being called DTK)
    You missed a great event.

The 2 Dantomkia's, the story.

Mike lambert did build the original one, but sold it to John Bell. John altered it to be more suited for the life events. Sold and rebought over the years.

Mike Lambert regretted selling, so he did rebuild Dantomkia in original shape in the last months.
    Unfortunatly, Dantomkia met THz in the first fight.

To make it more annoying, there is another one around, called Spitfire. Same layout, same shape and size, but different colors. The Battlebots participant.

Nice pictures rene, but on page 6: Ed Hobbit, made me laugh

In this event we tried a "none flipper" whiteboard fight for those who saw the fight (THZ broken axe fight) what do people think of the idea? Also can someone put up the video of it please.

The general consensus I found was positive, I personally enjoyed watching

I like the idea of non-flipper whiteboards, it gives those robot more chances to stay in the fight longer.

Roboteer

Just had a quick look at Kane's vids, why were some of the fights cut short? I thought that it was said at the briefing that they would be 3 minutes long.

Clive it could be.

321 activate, little dance flip, flip a round of applause for our winner! it just doesn't take 3 minuets.

But yes at least one of the fights between Turbulance and Titan seems a bit short. perhaps the clock was a bit fast!

Just want to make my requests for videos as i have otherwise got everything i wanted

3rd show (Sunday 1PM) Opening Fight - Beast vs Ripper Vs Gravity Vs Lucifer
    4th Show (Sunday 4PM) Opening Fight - Dystopia Vs Ripper Vs IA7 Vs Bullfrog
    3rd Show - Challenge Nut - Beast Vs Big Nipper

Those are the fights i am interested in if anyone recorded them, i would be very grateful

Roboteer

Quote Originally Posted by cliveb View Post
    Just had a quick look at Kane's vids, why were some of the fights cut short? I thought that it was said at the briefing that they would be 3 minutes long.
    I noticed that too clive even robots in the pit before 3 minutes were called the winner too having been in the pit during the fight ....
    ALL THE BEST TEAM TILLY

I am still looking for the video of the THZ broken axe fight, if anyone has that please.
    I would also like to say a big thanks to all at Robots Live and Ed, for a great weekend, and I hope Goliath has had the dents knocked out of him ready for THE NEXT TIME.
    I am sure the timing issue is noted and will be sorted for the next event.
    On that point I wish all who are competing in the UK champs "MAY THE ODDS BE FOR EVER IN YOUR FAVOR."

Register To Comment