Register To Comment
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Pulverizer Build Diary

will sure be impressive and compact if it works.
    Sure its not too compact though?
    I know you have read my thread about the sizes of featherweights but you might want it 1/2cm bigger in diameter.
    because NSTs bar could easily damage those motors whick are soooo close to the sides.

botbitz are probably the best cheap controllers available but I have absolutley no idea about programming.
    I basically edited everything I said so max dosn't make me sound like an idiot.
    happy days and stick with max's advice
    i cant even do smileys right today

Your beetle weight motors will only draw a few amps so you should be fine- I think you will need either an H-bridge microchip or some mosfets to control your motors though. Your other option would be to make the microcontroller control a normal esc.
    You will also have to reprogram the microcontroller bit it says that is possible. I assume you are able to put inputs on that microcontroller which you will need for reading the signal from the receiver and from your accelerometer.

sorry for this tiny thread hijack but on the note of programing ESC's.
    Could I use an arduino microcontroller like this
    http://www.hobbytronics.co.uk/arduino-m ... egory_id=0
    To control a botbitz speed controller for an axe?
    Thanks

Look up arduino as isp, never done it myself but should do what you want.

You don't need an arduino mega, an arduino UNO will do and is much cheaper (£10 at technobots) or you could use an arduino mini.

I am sure you could use it to control the axe with a botbitz, if you are good at programming then you could get some really nice features for your axe like an automatic slow speed return or some sort of rapid fire system.

Thanks for your answers and sorry marvin you can have your thread back now.
    I will ask my questions in this thread http://www.fightingrobots.co.uk/foru...=5725&start=30

Register To Comment