Register To Comment
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Pulverizer Build Diary

1 to 2hp is the level of power you need for a melty brain spinner. The electronics are actually surprisingly cheap as it's all custom.

Sure some feathers are expensive, mine included but you can still win a competition with a drill motor powered machine.

It can be done but money does help do a degree, although it works even better if you spend it correctly...

Anyway... this machine gives me a headache! http://www.teamvelocityrobotics.com/...ranslation.htm

That will melt your brain! And it only uses 1 motor for the whole thing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YB_58rUY6A

Edit - Works like this... The entire bot spins with one wheel and it steers by rapidly turning the motor on and off at just the right point of rotation to cause it to drift in the direction the operator specifies.

This still is PulverizeR.

again don't take my advice but they look a little underpowered.
    should be quite nice for the price though.
    maybe look for a more powerful one though if you want it like gary says.

first thing is first, ask yourself how fast you want the robot to spin. From that work out what rpm you will need from a motor at a given wheel size. My big worry with the melty brain was that to get a decent speed I basically needed either a 1:1 or a 2:1 ratio after doing the sums. That meant a motor with a lot of torque. You also need to look at what you plan on powering the batteries with. Ideally lipo at 10s or similar.

With regards to the one wheel/two wheel arguement, well you could use a more powerful motor. You would have more difficulty in balancing the chassis overall for a balanced spin.

You also have to look at the size of mosfet you are planning on using for the on/off circuit. I'm going to assume you are using the open source material that I used for my play around.

The ampflow motors are good but I would recommend looking to see if you can go to one of the more powerful versions.

Hardox is perfect for the job

if you want, the equation for speed is.
    RPM x wheel size (inches) x pi (3.142[ISH]) that's inches per minuite.
    those motors look a lot better.

Register To Comment