Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gah - the return of the last-to-be-chosen one

Gah,

So im still alive! Good to see this place is too. I've been hit really hard recently with revision so took a bit of a break from everything. Now college wants me to get more writing experience so i can go on the advanced writing course so here i am.

I'm not entirely sure how many people are still active here, so i guess i should make this sort of small. I need 5 people to enter 2 robots each, heavyweights preferably. Im not promising much but hopefully if i get entries relatively soon i can finish this in a few months?

Cheers,
    Elvis

...No my name isn't actually Elvis. God have i been gone that long?

Combat robots are on the increase of popularity.
    You will have no problem finding heavyweight roboteers

I think he means vapourbots.

Haze of Dread
    Seung Mina VII

Hope those are okay, Jack. Good to see you around these parts, it's getting rather lonely here!

Yeah,

i meant vapourbots. Hence the FanFic sub forum :P Good to hear the Real sport is still on the rise anyway, might need to dust mine off soon.

Cheers for that Kody. I got the feeling this place wasn't going to be as lively a while ago. Good to hear theres still a few old hands kicking around!

From the land of ARC, here's N-Wow-We!

Much thanks to Kody for helping with FRA stats.

Truth or Consequences:

Shape: A box with an extruded top. The CAD explains it better.
    Colour: Blue body with some grey siding and a silver flipping arm.
    Weight: 100kg
    Drive: 2 LEM130 motors run at 48 volts
    Locomotion: 6WD semi-inner; go-kart wheels with aluminum hubs.
    Speed: 14mph
    Armour: 8mm Grade 5 titanium
    Ground Clearance: 0mm at front. 10mm elsewhere.
    Turning Circle: 0m
    Length: 100cm
    Width: 85cm
    Height: 40cm
    Weapon: A powerful flipping arm run off two 2kg CO2 tanks and a 100mm bore 180mm stroke ram. It can flip around 25 times. It also has a 5mm hardox ram plate at the back of the robot for protection against spinners.
    Srimech: Flipper

Revolver Ocelot:

Shape: A low box with a tapered front and an angled rear piece
    Colour: Black
    Drive: 2 A28-400 Ampflows running on 24v
    Locomotion: 4WD outer
    Speed: 12mph
    Armour: 7mm Grade 5 titanium
    Ground Clearance: 10mm
    Turning Circle: 0m
    Length: 130cm
    Width: 75cm
    Height: 15cm
    Weapon: 15kg Hardox spinning bar, 2000rpm, should put out around 50kJ
    Weapon motor: LEM130 running on 36v
    Srimech: Invertible

Gabriel V and Flirty Skirty please for Gabriel 5 the stats are in the usual place. For Flirty Skirty it should take some creative writing not to use the words 'stripy' and 'box' when describing it...

Robot Name: Apocalypse II
    Shape: Box wedge with sloped sides, ala Storm II. The front wedge is angled at 30* to get under opponents, and the sides are sloped at 42* to deflect spinners. The rear is rounded for easier self-righting.
    Length: 85cm
    Width: 75
    Height: 20cm
    Motivation: 2 x internal HDPE wheels, each are 175mm in diameter and they have vulcanised tyres for extra grip, plus they are mounted like Tazbot€™s for more manouevrability. They are in the front of the robot so that the front turns rather than the rear, ala Merlin.
    Drive: 2 x S28-400 magmotors run @ 24v from 2 x 3600mAh NiCad battlepacks; this should provide about 9 horsepower.
    Armour: 3.2mm hardox monocoque for the most part, strengthened in certain key areas with extra 5mm titanium/vanadium alloy sheeting.
    Weaponry: The robot is a decent pusher, but on top there are three sets of Mute-style barbs, one on each side and one running down the flipper arm. They run all the way along the top of the robot and slope down the wedge, and are tungsten tipped to allow it to trap robots on top, and once their stuck on top they can€™t get free.
    The second weapon is what I use to get rid of the robot stuck on the barbs. It is a Bio-Hazard style 4-bar flipping arm, but unlike Bio-Hazard it is run off full pressure pneumatics, meaning it will easily throw robots out of the arena. It is 30cm wide and runs down the centre of the robot, made of 4mm hardox and powered by a 120mm x 100mm bore stroke ram @ 750psi from a 1.5kg gas bottle, giving it about 10 flips per round, which should be enough. On the front of the flipper arm there is a strip of 8mm grade 2 titanium, which should aid in getting under the other robots. The two barb-strips on the outer sides are themselves electrically actuated via an A28-150 magmotor @ 24v, hinged at the rear. to be used to conserve gas when self-righting and also to tip robots into the pit/used as lifting arms should the flipper fail.
    Speed: 20mph
    Ground Clearance: 0 at front, 8mm at sides and rear, but this is protected by 5mm titanium skirts made of grade 2 titanium.
    Turning Circle: Using the skid steer system ala Razer gives Apocalypse II a 0 turning circle
    Srimech: The 4-bar flipper can right it in less than a second, but to conserve gas the lifting barbs on either side of the machine are generally used, righting the robot in 1 second.
    Colour: Apocalypse II keeps the colour scheme of the old one, with dark blue bodywork and a red weapon. The barbs are black.
    Strengths: Powerful weaponry, unique strategy
    Weaknesses: Limited gas for the flipper

--

Robot Name: System Shock 4.0
    Shape: Box wedge with sloped sides, the front wedge is angled at 60* to flip opponents and the sides are angled at 42* to deflect spinners, the front wedge has a 3cm long extension with a Firestorm-style blade, this extension is angled at 30* to get right in underneath opponents, then ram them so they get flipped by the main 60* wedge, it also has a Tornado style angled rear
    Weight: 110kg
    Length: 80cm (83cm with wedge extension)
    Width: 80cm
    Height: 20cm
    Motivation: 4 x CNC Alumnium internal, but invertible wheels, they have a v-belt groove in the treads and a v-belt between the wheels so they count as tracks, but if they break the robot is not affected at all and the robot simply becomes a wheeled robot, leaving the tracks behind
    Drive: 2 x LEM-200s @ 60v
    Batteries: 250 C-Cell NiCad batteries
    Armour: 4mm hardox monocoque with up to 7mm in key areas
    Weaponry:
    1) Drive power
    2) At the rear there are two (static) diamond tipped ramming spikes, they are placed either side of the angled rear
    3) The front wedge (and the extension) can lift up and down via an S28-150 at 24v. The wedge is hinged in the middle so it can work both ways up. This front wedge is interchangeable for a vertical tornado style 5kg disc with 2 x tungsten blades like Hypno-Disc's, the disc is spun by an S28-150 at 3000rpm, which it can reach in 1.5 seconds and when at that speed it can deliver a 17.8Kj hit. It is 150mm in diameter, 3cm thick and there is 1.5cm distance of rotattion to the centre of the disc, it is made of titanium/vanadium alloy
    Speed: Can be pushed to 28mph, but mostly kept lower for more control (about 17mph)
    Turning Circle: 0
    Ground Clearance: 0 at the front, 10mm the rest of the way around, but that is protected by 5mm titanium hinged skirts at the sides and rear that flop over when the robot is inverted
    Srimech: Invertible
    Colour: Light blue with the name written in yellow on top
    Strengths: Speed and Power
    Weaknesses: Some people will be cheesed off by this clear exploitation of the weight advantage given to tracks
    Notes: This one was my favourite because it did so well in VFT lol so bringing it back

I'm in if there's still a space, I'll put my entries up later tonight

So, uh... any news on this? :sad:

Register To Comment