Register To Comment
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gah - the return of the last-to-be-chosen one

Hey,
    Sorry about the delay, just had a massive science exam so I spent most of the last week revising like a loon. Cheers for all the entrys, didn't expect it to fill up that quick.

So, the entry's:

A Jar of pickled eggs: Exertion II and Fissure
    Mr Aquatic man: Apocalypse 2 and System Shock 4.0
    El Presidente: Gabriel and Flirty Skirty
    Unpronounceable List of wrestling franchises: Truth or Consequences and Revolver Ocelot
    Lord Kody of Scunthorpe: Haze of dread and Seung Mina VII

Ben there aren't any spaces left but I herby appoint you chancellor of Spanish Shenanigans. Take that as you will. Remember, with great power comes great responsibility.

A draw of sorts:

1: Haze of dread vs truth or consequences
    2: Revolver Ocelot vs Gabriel
    3: System Shock 4.0 vs Flirty Skirty
    4: Apocolypse 2 vs Exertion II
    5: Seung Mina vII vs Fissure

If that's all good then tactics and the like are welcome... Or are they?!?
    Jack

Yes I am taking this seriously! Avast ye vile heven!

Haze of Dread vs. Truth or Consequences

-It's been awhile since ToC has fought a spinner but let's try this: Start in reverse and use the ramplate to stop the weapon.

-Ideally make a quick follow-up with the flipper and start flipping. The ideal goal would be to flip him completely out of the arena, but getting in lots of flips keeps him on the ropes.

-Anytime he's coming at me with his weapon I want to attack with the ram plate. As much as possible only give him that to attack.

-Otherwise it's all about aggression, don't give him a chance to breath.

-Don't go near the pit under any circumstances whatsoever. I'd rather be slow cooked by the flames... I'd rather be demolished by Housebots... I'd even rather have a proctologist named Dr. Hook then end up near the pit.

Revolver Ocelot vs. Gabriel V

-A flipper with some speed on me. All right this calls for a more defensive approach. He has a very narrow attack point so I know exactly where he's attacking from.

-Just wait him out and focus on keeping my weapon facing him.

-Stay in open space and be wary if he's trying to maneuver me towards hazards. Drive back to safe areas if I notice I'm getting too close to something dangerous.

-He can flip me over, but I can still work reasonably effectively oriented either way so don't sweat it too much if it happens.

-Again, I don't even want to know the pit exists. If I somehow actually managed to KO him then I will attack the pit button and try to irreparably destroy it before security throws me out of the building bodily.

Good Luck guys!

System Shock 4.0 vs. Flirty Skirty

erm...go over to it and attempt to lift it with the skirts. Fail. Survive. Fail at that too. Reconsider life choices.

Gabriel V vs. Revolver Ocelot

I shall take the ears off of Gabriel, largely as I suspect bad language may be involved but also so the bar can't get them. I shall also take the skirts off as I think the wheels will be safe from damage as long as I keep hitting RO with the front - my 2WD and extra speed should (in theory) ensure that's all that happens and he never gets around the sides, just keep hitting him with the front and stopping the weapon and getting underneath - and the skirts, if hit, are liable to buckle and impede my own movement with the floor.

I don't know if using the flipper will help much - if I can get well underneath and stop the bar, I will take the opportunity to flip Revolver Ocelot over once, but only once, so the bar is higher off the floor and will hit the armour rather than the edges of the robot, but otherwise flipping is not my main tactic (if the flipper's open, RO can grab an edge, which would be a bad thing (tm). With how angled the body is, I don't think he can do much except paintwork scratching, so the basic tactic will be to use his own bouncing off the angled armour against him and try and get him into/shove him down the pit. Or something resembling that...

Best of luck everyone

Haze of Dread vs. Truth or Consequences

Typical. Josh's first opponent is myself. Time to send out the welcome wagon.

Well, for one, I don't fancy myself sitting on top of that massive flipper so I'm gonna duck off to the front surrounding it. I can probably leave some nice damage in that Titanium armour and I could quite possibly get under him with one of my side arms, in which case I will flip him over and attack. Keep the fight near the middle of the arena and don't let him get me near the wall.

Revolver Ocelot vs. Gabriel V

Actually, I do see Ocelot winning this, but then that would mean Joey wouldn't get a robot through. :P Uhm...both of them implode and get replaced by Fairground Killride?

System Shock 4.0 vs Flirty Skirty

Yeah like I said, Joey wouldn't get a bot through. Unless Liam pulls a Rex Garrod and drives down the pit. :P

Apocalypse II vs Exertion II

The IIs! Let's see...tough to call, but I think Exertion can hang tough with the flipper and possibly earn a JD. Maybe a pitting too.

Seung Mina VII vs Fissure

Ungh. Mina hasn't done well since Liam's ETC08 shindig. Five years! :shock: Let's change that...

Mina works well either way up, so Fissure will be very hard pressed to control Mina. Let's go for an aggressive approach. I will try and get Fissure out of the arena as fast as possible, but otherwise conserve my flips, even if I wedge him. Carry him to the wall and flip. Mina is a pretty powerful flipperbot so I'm sure she can achieve such a thing.

Good luck everybody.

Register To Comment