Register To Comment
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spinners at Robot Wars/ Roaming Robots and Robots Live

Yeah immunity is fine !! :-)

We ran fw spinners in netted roofs for years and it was only when discs started getting to silly speeds and people got worried. Never had an issue.

The smidsy test was a test we ran in between two shows where we had two low powered spinners fighting, there was 0 chance of danger, but it wasn't exciting !!

As an EO I'm bothered about entertainment and progression, disc being a risk, and that risk has to be minimal but with maximum impact on the show.

The only way to have them, and for them to be worth it is to ban hardox, reduce the armour and allow robots to be damaged easily !!

??? I don't know of any vertical fw spinner since ive been in the sport that couldn't put something through a net roof. Only the very worst but certainly a large majority would easily put shrapnel through net.

well we dont need to go through yet another public debate about spinners, we ran them, didnt kill anyone, when we felt it was getting dangerous we stopped.

Maybe one day they will come back in some form. It might just be the same day i annouce a Tv deal, and robot wars series 8, you just never know !

Mr Robotwars telling us what we can and cannot debate about now....For a minute there i thought it was a forum. Next you will be telling everyone they have to sign contracts to attend Robotwars like Mentorn did. But then I dont think personally it will ever be back on TV.

Was just saying we dont need to turn this into a debate about what we did before nd if it was safe, , we are talking about the future, and the possibility of bringing them back in some form in RW and RL.

Get a disc to spin slowly enough it doesnt carry any safety risks.

Im trying to be positive here not negative and it doesnt need to turn into vendetor!

Register To Comment