Register To Comment
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sources of metal plate

a Rage saw will do it. The thickness all depends on your design, Mute has got away with 6mm as its small and has chunky bulkheads that take all the stress, Kronic has 3mm Ali, but nothing is attached to it, it's just armour. If you want something just to bolt everything on top off (the way people tend to build FWs), then you will need alot thicker.

if it's ali box section then get out the hacksaw and do it the old fashioned way

if using an angle grinder make sure to get the correct grade non ferrous cut-off discs, normal ones will overheat, may get stuck in alu and shatter...seen it happen

Quote Originally Posted by terry
    We don't use metal that thick its too heavy. We mostly use 3.2mm Hardox or 4mm if you have to as 3.2 is a bit scarce at the moment.
    I call bull shit on that

Tanto uses 10 - 80mm Hardox

its about your design

JL Steels are my supplier of Hardox

Quote Originally Posted by craig_anto
    Quote Originally Posted by terry
    We don't use metal that thick its too heavy. We mostly use 3.2mm Hardox or 4mm if you have to as 3.2 is a bit scarce at the moment.
    I call bull @!## on that

Tanto uses 10 - 80mm Hardox

its about your design

JL Steels are my supplier of Hardox
    That's all well and good if you build another brick without a weapon, adding a decent weapon tends to eat up that extra weight pretty fast. There's also no heavies than can really damage 4mm hardox so no need to go any thicker

tbh with most heavyweights nowadays you can get away with 5mm aluminium and be fine. Or go for some 2mm ali or plastic and then just have your important bits covered in some 4mm hardox inside.

rear actuated lifter tail and flame thrower not good weapons then Grant

Register To Comment