Register To Comment
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Build Rules and Competition Regulations

Set our cut offs to a standard of 3.35v per cell and have a discharged battery to hand (in a LiPo bag) that will be slightly below that?

I'm not entirely joking.

I don't know how easy it is on these things to change the point at which it sets off the alarm, if it can be done on the fly we could set it well above the safety mark for tech checking and lower it to a realistic point before battle?

I bought a cut off from technobots and it has a small rotary resistor with which you set the cut off point. It goes from 3.5 to 3V and even has a few little lights on it. I went without it last year but I may slip it in this time if there is space.

And David, we hole our Lipos down with industrial velcro. Its a pain to get them out but when they are in they are going nowhere! I had to Lever them off with a wooden ruler first time round. I was afraid I had got them stuck!

Is any good, never used lipo's but just looking at whats needed

http://www.dimensionengineering.com/products/liposhield

LipoShield is intended for aircraft with 0-100% style one direction only throttle. A future product will be aimed at cars.
    It will not work with robots as it does not reset to 50% throttle which is what turns of our escs, it resets to 0% which is full speed reverse!

We were thinking of putting it on the wotty, on the on/off channel so it will just shut the speedo down

this 1 works with cars and boats so you should get forward and reverse

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Novak-Smart-S ... 4850a52ab7

only applicable to 2 to 4 cells. No good if you are running 12s!

The rules say 10S max for Lipos, or have they changed that?

Go read the consultation rules at the start of the thread/Kanes summary of the changes.

Agm's are dangerous lol, that's why the weight went up. Unfortunatly people make decisions on the current benefits rather than thinking of the long term causes.

I think we need to evolve the rules to create diversity, yes there will be short term dissadvantages in having to modify robots etc but the long term advantage of increasing the spectacle of the sport and inspiring audiences to get involved is far more important.

So when discussing rules (apart from those related to safety) please think of the long term benefits and how it effects the sport as a whole.

Register To Comment