Register To Comment
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Build Rules and Competition Regulations

Roboteer

Can you email or attach some pictures so I can have a look please.
    Kane Aston
    http://www.makerobotics.com

Co-owner and builder of BEHEMOTH

Quote Originally Posted by Danjr1
    Regarding the new lipo protection bit, my fw has a monocoque chassis where the removable lid acts to hold the battery in its place in the frame. Is this now illegal?!

ive got a similar issue the battery is in a bit of u shapes aluminium with sticky back foam under it and i was going to put some foam on top so when the lid is on it squashes the foam and holds it in place and it cant move side to side as the speed controllers are either side

battery issue also mines mounted on 2mm aluminium in a half sized cased protecting outer with a velcro strap securing the battery in ?

could be fun redesigning within the weight

im now looking at using a bit of aluminium channel into a box but i will need a smaller lipo

I suggest we have another thread for 'Is my robot legal?' rather than cluttering this one up.

I think the rule on lipo protection needs to be made more clear- I don't really know what is satisfactory for
    secured onto a reinforced panel
    Could I just connect it onto a piece of 6mm aluminium rod with some cable ties? Or Velcro the battery on to some 1/2mm aluminium sheet?
    Surely if it needs to be something substantial then the weight of the protection will make it hardly worth using lipos over nimhs?
    This rule seems like it is more appropriate for heavyweights than featherweights.

This rule seems like it is more appropriate for heavyweights than featherweights
    Actually its the other way around, there aren't many heavies made from plastics!

My wotty cuts out at 20v, maybe Ian could set them up for everyone's requirements based on the Lipo cell count.
    As if I went to Lipo it would be 8 cells i would have a low volt cut out at 24v.

Register To Comment